Who is the data controller?
A data controller is a natural, legal person public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others who controls and determines the purposes (the “why”) and essential elements of the means (the “how”) of the Processing of personal data.
Who is the data Processor?
A Data Processor is a natural or legal person, which Processes personal data on behalf of a Data Controller.
Example: Allianz Partners (Data Processor) on behalf of Insurance Company (Data Controller).
How will we obtain and use your personal data?
We receive your personal data from you directly or from any third party including but not limited to travel agencies who make a purchase on your behalf.
We will use your personal data with your express consent unless applicable laws and regulations do not require us to obtain your express consent,
We will use your personal data for a number of purposes including but not limited to:
- For Insurance Claims Management
- For technical administration and research & development
- For customer and user administration and marketing,
- To inform you about our services and products, and
- Fraud, Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing prevention and detection,
- Meet any legal obligations (e.g., tax, accounting and administrative obligations).
For the purposes indicated above we will Use your personal data based on our legitimate interests and/or to comply with our legal obligations.
These legitimate interests and/or legal obligations include the following reasons for the processing of your personal data without your express consent:
- For the performance of the purpose if the processing is necessary to perform the contract or if you request the processing in order to enter into any contract.
- For the protection of your vital interests or the Compliance with a legal obligation to which you are subject.
Who will have access to your personal data?
We will ensure that your personal data is processed in a manner that is compatible with the purposes indicated above.
For the stated purposes, your personal data may be disclosed to the following parties who operate as third party data controllers:
- Regulators, Healthcare Providers, other Allianz Group companies, agents, other insurers, co-insurers, re-insurers. Insurance intermediaries/brokers, insurance fraud investigators and banks
For the stated purposes, your personal data may be disclosed to the following parties who operate as data processors under our instruction:
- Sub-contractors, other Allianz Group companies, medical doctors
- Advertisers and advertising networks to send you marketing communications, as permitted under local law and in accordance with your communication preferences. We do not share your personal data with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing use without your permission.
Finally, we may share your personal data to meet any legal obligation, including to the relevant ombudsman if you make a complaint about the product or service we have provided to you.
Where will my personal data be processed?
Your personal data may be processed inside Allianz Partners by the parties specified above, subject always to contractual restrictions regarding confidentiality and security in line with applicable local data protection laws and regulations. We will not disclose your personal data to third parties who are not authorized to process them.
Your Personal Data may be stored inside and outside of the European economic Area (EEA). Whenever we transfer your personal data to another Allianz Group company, we will do so on the basis of Allianz’ approved binding corporate rules known as the Allianz Privacy Standard (Allianz’ BCR) which establish adequate protection for personal data and are legally binding on all Allianz Group companies. Where Allianz’ BCR do not apply, we will instead take steps to ensure that the transfer of your personal data receives an adequate level of protection as it does in the EEA.
What are your rights in respect of your personal data?
Where permitted by applicable law or regulation, you have the right to:
- Access your personal data held about you and to learn the origin of the data, the purposes and ends of the processing, the details of the data controller(s), the data processor(s)and the parties to whom the data may be disclosed,
- Withdraw your consent at any time where your personal data is processed with your consent,
- Have us update or correct your personal data so that it is always accurate,
- Have us delete your personal data from our records if it is no longer needed for the purposes indicated above but only after the retention period
- Request that your personal data will be restricted from processing in certain circumstances, for example where you have contested the accuracy of your personal data, for the period enabling us to verify its accuracy,
- Obtain your personal data in an electronic format,
- Express any concern you have about the use of your personal data.
You may exercise these rights by adjusting your privacy preference settings where you have created an online account with us or contacting us as detailed in section 9 below providing your name, email address, account identification, and purposes of your request.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will retain your personal data as per our retention schedule from the receipt of your data or for any longer term required by the applicable Laws. We will not retain your personal data for longer than necessary and we will hold it only for the purposes for which it was obtained.
How can you contact us?
In case of inquiries and grievances related to your personal data, you can you can contact us by email or post as follows:
Data Privacy Professional
Eiffel Boulevard Limited Building (Eiffel 2)
1st floor, Umm Al Sheif,
Sheikh Zayed Road, P.O.
80864 Dubai, UAE
Telephone: +971 4270 8705
How often do we update this privacy notice?
We regularly review this privacy notice. We regularly review this privacy notice. The date of the latest update can be found at the bottom of the document.
What security measures have we implemented to protect your information collected through the Allianz Partners Website?
Allianz Partners has implemented reasonable technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data collected by Allianz Partners via the Allianz Partners Website against unauthorized access, misuse, loss or destruction.
How do we treat electronic messages sent to and from Allianz Partners?
All electronic messages sent to and from Allianz Partners are protected by reasonable technical and organizational measures and may only be accessed in justified cases in line with applicable laws and regulations (e.g. court order, suspicion of criminal conduct, violation of regulatory obligations,) to specific persons in defined functions (e.g. Legal, Compliance, Risk). Every step of the process, as well as the search criteria used, are logged in an audit trail. All emails are disposed of after the applicable retention period has expired.
What should you consider when sending data over the Internet?
The Internet is generally not regarded as a secure environment, and information sent via the Internet (such as to or from the Allianz Partners Website or via electronic message) may be accessed by unauthorized third parties, potentially leading to disclosures, changes in content or technical failures. Even if both sender and receiver are located in the same country, information sent via the Internet may be transmitted across international borders and be forwarded to a country with a lower data protection level than exists in your country of residence.
Please note that we accept no responsibility or liability for the security of your information whilst in transit over the Internet to Allianz Partners. In order to protect your privacy we would like to remind you that you may choose another means of communication with Allianz Partners, where you deem it appropriate.
The Allianz Partners Website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
You can also opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics with effect for the future by downloading and installing Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser: click here
Use of Social Media plugins
The Allianz Partners Website uses the following Social Media Plugins ("Plugins"):
- Facebook Share Button operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
- Tweet Button operated by Twitter Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
- LinkedIn Share Button operated by LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
All Plugins are marked with the brand of the respective operators Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn (“Operators”).
If you interact with the Plugin, for example by clicking the “Facebook Button”, the “+1” the “Tweet Button” or the “LinkedIn Share Button” the corresponding information is transmitted from your browser directly to the Operator and stored by it. Further, the information will be made public in the respective social network or in your Twitter account and shown to your contacts. If you do not wish to have such data transferred to the Operators, you need to log out of your respective account before clicking on and activating the Plugins. Please see the Operators’ data privacy statements in order to get further information about purpose and scope of the data collection and the processing and use:
This privacy notice was last updated on June 2019.